Careers with Matrix
Location: Mt. Airy, MD
As a trusted advisor to Matrix Solutions clients, the Sales Consultant will identify opportunities to leverage Matrix Solutions complete technology offering which encompasses hardware, software, services and networking. Qualify and close business opportunities by selling complete IT solutions to accounts through client visits and presentations.
- Identify, qualify and close new accounts in assigned territory.
- Responsible for multiple accounts in a large to medium territory including managing total sales and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and pursue an overall account plan to maximize opportunities and leverage integrated solution offerings within key accounts.
- Effectively communicate and present to all executive levels of an organization Matrix Solutions complete value proposition.
- Lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision-making process, and overcome objections to capture new business opportunities.
- Identify sales opportunities by exploring client business needs.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of leading industry trends such as electronic commerce, spend management and technology initiatives.
- Utilize question based selling methods to ascertain client needs and craft relevant solutions encompassing hardware, software and/or services.
- Transition Service issues to sales discussions.
- Responsible for developing relationships with vendor partners to work on leads and opportunities.
- Gain commitment from key influencers and executives to demonstrate a business partnership with company.
- Leverage resources to provide added value to corporate customers in order to maintain excellent customer satisfaction.
- Inform customers about company program benefits, and implement where appropriate.
- Submit accurate and timely forecasts that are aligned with assigned sales quotas.
- Facilitate all communications/order processing and reporting for all current and future accounts.
- Become proficient in Salesforce CRM.
- Proactively advise and introduce new solutions to solve client's business needs.
- Attend Company, vendor, and publisher trainings and webinars, as directed.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 3-5 years professional selling experience in aggressive cold calling and prospecting environment in high-tech or service related industry. Must have a strong knowledge of IT products and services. Must be able to show a proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and quotas. Able to build relationships and quickly develop trust with C-level executives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business/ professional journals, technical procedures, or regulations. Able to write reports and/or business correspondence – must have excellent communication skills. Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers,and other employees. Must be self driven, motivated and results oriented. Solid problem solving and consultative skills required. Skill in planning, organizing, and managing time across multiple tasks needed. Effective use of PC including Microsoft Office required. Must be able to travel within assigned geographic territory and other locations as assigned.
Matrix Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V